Medieval II Total War Campaign Chronicles

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Medieval II Total War Turkish Chronicles 32



This episode shows the last Mongols "gold" level of experience army lifting a siege on Kiev. I knew that my sieging army would not last long against them, so my goal was to weaken them as much as possible as I did in previous episode. I think the interesting thing you can see in the episode is how easy my infantry run away in front of the enemies. I took me 1 turn to recover from that battle, and 2 turn to get the same army and a very stronger army back to sieging Kiev.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

why didnt you close in on the enemy when they were still coming out of the castle?

Attila said...

If I had trusted my infantry a little more I would probably have. But as you can see, very early in the engagement my men runned away.

So I beleive that getting closer of the enemy would have just make the inevitable happen faster. My main battle core was compose of very weak infantry that could not be trusted in battle. Mongols troops also have gold level of experience, that didn't helped =)

So my hope was that my catapult and archer cavalry could kill many, before a global retreat.

I had planned this and there is a better army that will come siege Kiev in the coming turns. with the help is the defeated army that got reinforced with better troops, soon after the defeat.

Anonymous said...

What territories are left for you to counquer?

Attila said...

Hmm well, on fort in north west and Kiev, then Mongols are dead

Anonymous said...

So basically the mongol archers ran around and scaring your troops. Which the infantry enough time to come out, then the heavy calvary split your troops and took advantage of the weaker side, is that right?

Attila said...

Yep, but they would probably have lost less troop if they had not flank like that. My troops would not have sustain a frontal attack.

Anonymous said...

I was watching one of your old Rome vids today, and you mentioned something about a player named Levion. Who is that?

Attila said...

Levion is one of my very early "fan" he his mostly active on youtube, but i don't know if he read the blog every day those day, didn't talked with him for sometime. Must be busy at school =)

DateyourGame's Blog