Medieval II Total War Campaign Chronicles

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Medieval 2 Total War Danish against Holy Roman Empire



Here is a very fast and effective battle in my Danish campaign at Very hard/ Very Hard. In this battle my army is a very well composed mix of sword infantry, mercenary crossbow and cavalry.

My first move is to deploy my crossbow in front, not so much because they are strong or will inflict damage to the enemies, but more to see the effectiveness of the enemies fire and take the hits instead of my infantry. At the same time I deploy all my cavalry on the flank of the enemy so that at the good moment I could charge the enemies. Once at proximity I move my infantry group in front of the enemies to push back any skirmisher. Then I send all my cavalry from the flank and charge the enemies general to kill him. Once done the ennemies will panic easily.

As soon as the enemies died, I sent all my infantry into the enemy army and killed many of them. In at the same time as the first army panic, the second army show up on my left flank. But since the first army panicked the sec is easily routed in the pursuing process. The battle ends with a big panic and my army suffer very little lost.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any multiplayer battles coming?

Then as an another request I'd like to see more sally-forth(siege defence) battles.

Attila said...

well I don't really play or enjoy multiplayer. I played so far 4 battle and it was lagging seriously and people took ugly armies. So wasn't worth to record anything so far. The only battle worth recording was a scenario but for some reason you can't save a replay... Some, I guess there won't be any multiplayer videos for sometime...

Anonymous said...

No matter, I still demand some epic siege defence battles. Maybe with a
1:3 ratio on troops with the attackers having the advantage, and you defending a citadel. :)

That ought to be cool, since most of your siege battles were fought for a small settlement.

I mean some guy at twcenter played a sally-forth battle against 6000 enemies :X would be awesome to see something like that.

Attila said...

hehe, yeah, i will see what i can do, but i will need to sacrifice graphic a lot Citadel siege take hell of a lot from my computer and nearly nothing is left for the recording process... So i will try but don't expect anything too soon =)

Anonymous said...

Weird question:

Why do some characters have a gold aura in battle? You see it once or twice in this video and I remember seeing it before but I never bothered to find out what it was for some reason. Have any idea what it is?

Also I'd like your impressions of Medieval 2 as a game and the various factions in specific. Personally, I still find myself playing Rome because of a few mugs in Medieval, but it is still an amazing game.

Attila said...

hehe, well the "gold aura" is not an aura, it's the effect of light from torches during night battle =)
Just a visual things. The funy thing with that feature is that if you let the battle go a x3 time the normal speed, the torches lag behind the character. =)

So far the game is good, a little bugged, but i consider it ok since it's a very big game... What is a little annoying is the demand on hardware as usual with new game... AI also have many bug... Faction are nice looking in general but mongole and timurid are far too powerfull and when you finaly kill all the early troop they have they become easy prey... just annoying... and they seem to cause many bug... So it's a good game... but like rome it's far from perfect... I will maybe write a more detaillied review in sometime at least after a first patch.

DateyourGame's Blog