Medieval II Total War Campaign Chronicles

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Rome Total War German Chronicle 67 The Broken Alliance



This battle started a short war against Carthage. I violated an alliance treaty with Carthage to take the only Carthaginian city in Spain. By starting a war I was making sure to keep peace. Because if I had left my ally alone in Spain, he would have started a war as soon as Spain would have been badly defended. So by capturing this city I was sure that any future treaty with Carthage would be respected, because water would have separated our respective territory.

On the tactical level this battle was interesting especially at the beginning. I started by enter on the Right flank, so that all enemies would concentrate them self on my phalanxes, and as you can see, the Carthaginian Sacred Band took good care to nearly decimating all a unit. So I had to move kick and attack those Sacred Band in the Back. So I rushed with all I had inside the wall engaging at the same time the poenie infantry. Once that poenie infantry broken I charged the sacred band in the back and did make sure none escape. Then I hunted as much troop as possible and prepared myself carefully to engage the town center. Some might think I was maybe too carefully. Well that's because the enemy had 2 level of gold peasant, that mean they were stronger then any of my melee units. So I wanted to make sure I would not get routed by peasant... The rest was historie.

No comments:

DateyourGame's Blog