Medieval II Total War Campaign Chronicles

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Rome Total War German Chronicle 68 Invading South Italy



In this episode I annexe the south Italy. As you might quickly noticed I did not destroy Scipii at this point. South Italy was also a great target of opportunity for many reasons. Most Brutii Armies were busy fighting my troop in Greece and Tracia. So I had a nearly free path to the south Italy. South Italy is also a very developed part of Romans faction, so it's like a money making cow. Scipii were very well defended around the capital, so I could have won against them but with lot of dead soldier. So South Italy was an easy prey.

South Italy also give be a good starting ground to invade Sicily. Targeting Sicily is my goal before capturing the Scipii Capital for the main reason that it's not well defended either. So while most Scipii armies defend the capital on mainland Italy, my troop will be able to take 2 Brutii cities, and all 3 Scipii cities in Sicily. So this episode is in a way the start of that "long term" strategy on the strategic level.

On the Tactical level this battle wasn't really hard I lost most of my troop against the Romans cavalry, but at no point my victory was in danger, so I don't have so much to explain about it this time. Exept that my cavalry did most of the job. =)

No comments:

DateyourGame's Blog