Medieval II Total War Campaign Chronicles

Monday, November 27, 2006

Medieval 2 Total War Sicilian Chronicle 17 Taking Jerusalem and Victory



Here is the final victory. I take Jerusalem that I had forgotten about in the victory objectives. So I have control of 58 Region, 38 cities and 20 Castle, by the time my armies reach Jerusalem by a very strong fleet since there was Venetian, Spanish, Mongol fleet on the path to stop me. When I finally reached Jerusalem It was defended by one 9 Star General so It ended up on an Auto Battle. Over all I won 187 Battle and lost 23 Battle. I won on the year 1400. I had 32 generals.

I hope you liked the campaign. I don't think I will make a "Campaign Chronicles" for sometime. It's very time consuming and require hell of a lot of hardware space on my disk. But I plan to release some of the nice moment of my campaigns.

As you might have noted my commenting were far smaller for Medieval 2 then for Rome Total War. This is mainly because, I knew how Rome Total War worked and had a deep understanding of it. So I could put into word my experience since, I had think about it. But for Medieval 2, I'm still in the learning curve. So as you might know, when you are in the action you don't take time to think about it and make the choice instinctively. So, I still need to learn about the game and develop my reflexion, on the subject, before being able to give effective advice and deep thinking about it.

Now, what I would like to know is what you guys want to know about Medieval 2 Total War. What would you like to see? What kind of information would you like me to put on the blog.

(For those who don't understand how to comment on the blog, simply choose "other" enter your name and post what you have to say)

I hope to see some comment!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

you made it!!! congratulations

i would like a video showing good siegeing tactics, i have been noticing that i have losing siege battles which i would normally win on Rome

Anonymous said...

You finished the bloody thing already?! Congratulations! I'll just be getting the game next week and all the others have finished already :(

I might do one chronicle myself. I just can't decide which faction. Maybe the Germans, Venetians or the French.

Could you make any M2TW multiplayer videos?

Finally. I've been wondering how this guy managed to do this kind of video about M2TW.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0TdlIDvOqM

I mean the filming and camera angles are brilliant. Then he might have added some parts of the real intro to that. I was thinking how you should film so it ended like that.

Anonymous said...

Good Job!

I hope to see you make more Chronicles, I really like your tatics and such which will give me a idea on how to beat battles in RTW and such.

Anonymous said...

your good m8 very good im going to do one with the english could you help me with money on medieval 2 total war

Attila said...

that would be nice to see some of you guys make chronicles =)

steelpanther88
Yeah this guys does indeed record with, there is a way to script battle in the engine but i never really explored that path since it's very time consuming. and personnaly i prefer pure gameplay video that show how player play.

Garry
Hehe, I'm happy it help you. make sure to check the archive if that's not already done =)

sam
That would be nice to see, but can't give money, I'm totally broke, and making chronicles is really not a way to make money so far.

Anonymous said...

Wow I really love you chronicles from MTW2 but i have silly questions: what is this song in the end call :D?

I think that i would love this game, but first i must have some better PC than now...

I'm from Poland so I will be pleased when if wou would show some polish army ;).
P.S. Sorry for my English ;)

Attila said...

hehe, well the song is from the credit of Medieval 2 Total War. I will try to record a battle with Poland (i put that on my to do list =)
They got really nice looking units.

Anonymous said...

Oh that's great, i know that they have beautiful units :D :d.

So thanks, and congratulations ;)

Anonymous said...

yup... I lost my RTW cd's a long time ago and I'm convincing my brother to get them... maybe in a week ill get it. :D

Anonymous said...

sad to see the end, but good to see u won and came on top. I can see what u mean by time consuming and you need breaks so u dont get bored.

Id like to see you do some battles but use historical tactics for eg a country, units it had at the time, enemy units at the time, and famous tactics they used to crush them.

Anonymous said...

I would like to see you narrate a battle, it would be cool

Attila said...

Yeah making chronicles is more demanding because it force me to record far more videos, make some editing and compile it. It also force me to play with 25 fps during the game to record and since medieval clearly need some optimization and seem to have many problem with the fact of sharing memory with a recording tool, it's hard...

As for your idea Jed, I'm thinking about it since a long time, even back to the summer 2005. The thing is that English is not my native language so I might have an nice french accent and formulate some sentence badly... So I might do that, but i will need sometime and some courage ;)

Anonymous said...

lol who said it had to be in english?

Attila said...

hehe yeah, well i could alway make it in french, that would feel new to many people ;)

Pseudo said...

Cool posts man, being an vet in many RTS games and TW I can see you know what your talking about. I tend to have the problem that once I get my infantry on the wall they get tangled up into each other and get picked by the archers on other points of the wall. Although I suppose that can be countered by keeping the archers busy with my own. But Good solid advice I learned a thing or two = ) My casualties went down from an average of 100-200 to 30-60

So thanks!

Also having played as France, Venice, and Spain (and gotten to the holy land) I have never once seen a Templar offer. I'm starting to think they don't want to join the Romance Kingdoms (Those decedent from Romans) think there is any truth in this?

Attila said...

happy that it helped =)

As for the templar and stuff, it depend the faction you use, it also depend your city status of developpement of the city

DateyourGame's Blog