Medieval II Total War Campaign Chronicles

Friday, November 03, 2006

Rome Total War German Chronicles 56 Taking Spain's Capital



This siege started the war against my allies, Spain. As you may notice, like in most of my sieges, I enter the city and then wait for the enemies counter attack. Then I destroy the counter attack.

Now what is interesting in this battle is the mistake I made. I divided my troops to surround the enemies in the center of the city. But as you might see, it backfired badly. My troops didn't get into formation and the enemy general charged them, and routed them. This could have been a really bad thing, but in fact, when you consider it, it ended up being a positive thing. The enemy general, while pursuing my fleeing troops, could not help his own troops. Enemy generals, as you can see in this episode, is a very powerful unit. My fleeing troops were pursued and killed, but the rest of the army had plenty of time to kill all the enemies.

Also, the enemy general when he came back to engage my main battle group was tired, so he was not as powerful as before, so my troops could then kill him.

I do believe that if I had concentrated all my troop in one street, that general could have made all of my army flea, instead of just a small part of it.

The lesson of this battle is probably that sometimes the sacrifice of some of your troops can serve you to gain victory.

No comments:

DateyourGame's Blog