Medieval II Total War Campaign Chronicles

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

FAQ: Question and Answers by Attila

Since many people ask me advise for their campaign where they meet many difficulty. I decieded well lets Share it with the rest of you guys. This way you might learn many small trick and my way of dealing with the Situation in the game.

Question on City

I'm having a problem with public order in Medieval 2, and I saw your Sicilian Chronicles and the public order is really good. I'm always having constant riots that prevent me from advancing my troops. You have any advice dude?

Yeah, public order is sometime a challenge. One of the first thing to build in a city is a church. The bigger the church the faster you will convert people to your religion, and the more the people will be happy in general. Also, note that cities dislike having military unit and preferring militia, they also seem to dislike mercenary.

So, when I conquer a city I either pillage it or exterminate it. That allow you to breed new population that is loyal to you and reduce the population who would like to rebel. With fortress you just have to pillage since the population is not as big.

There is also a strategy I first formulated for Medieval 1 Total War.
"You can prevent rebellion by making sure it happens."

What I mean by that is that is that if you leave your city without any troop, the rebellion will be smaller, then you take back the city you wanted to rebels and exterminate the population, this way you will have peace of mind for a long time and lots of money.


What sometime my cities make negative money?
I'm not sure but I do think that it's because it must keep order, sustain building, support troops, etc. But over all it's not a big problem since all the money you get is centralized.

Question on Guild
How do you get knight templar or knight hospitalier:

To have those special unit you must build a Guild HQ. Those guild appear as your city developpe, one city can only accept one guild, that also include merchant, spy, and assasin guild. So don't jump on the guild that offer you to join your city too fast and think if it would not be better to choose a knight kind of guild.

Also you need to know that all faction cannot have all guild, some faction are limited to one type of guild. But England actually can have both knight guild. Normaly you get with the game a large paper that show you what you faction can have or not.

Papacy Related Question
How do I kill, Destroy, the Pope, papacy faction?

Well that's the annoying thing, you can't as far as I know... You Can conquer Rome you the Pope will alway reappear somewhere. So As a Christian faction what you need to do is simply to assassinate the pope when he hate you, and leave him alone when you relation with him goes well, and use him to call crusade arround the world.

Late Gameplay Tips and Trick
How do I destroy Mongols?
Well watch The Mongols invasion video I did in the Turkish Chronicles. That will show you the path, and read the comment there are tons of trick, and also some alternate way to fight them.

What are the Victory Condition to win a campaign of Medieval II Total War.

Well you can make a short campaign, you will need 15 province and destroy one faction or two.
If you make a long campaign you will need 45 region, and to capture one of 2 city that you can see in the report tab

What is you computer hardware?
Check in the system requirement page, I give my hardware.

How Many people can you put on the Battle Field?
10 000 but in general you won't play with more then 5000

No comments:

DateyourGame's Blog