Medieval II Total War Campaign Chronicles

Monday, November 20, 2006

Medieval 2 Total War Sicilian Chronicles 04 Charging Viking's Armies



In this battle my strategic objective was to prevent a siege by the enemies by attacking them before they set the siege. So in this battle the enemies have 2 armies: The first in front of me and the second on my right flank. So I had to charge the first one and route them as fast as possible and then redeploy and take care of the second army.

On the tactical level I think this battle is a good illustration of the principle of the game. Using the right units against the right enemies. As you might notice in the battle I charged the enemy with my cavalry without infantry support. I was very confident about my success here because the enemies had dismounted feudal knight armed with swords. Cavalry is more than effective against those kinds of troops. You may have noticed when you saw the first unit get charged, that it was decimated very, very fast. It is also important to note that in medieval 2 you must not leave your cavalry engaging infantry, unless you are certain that the enemy will panic. Because when the cavalry is not moving they are vulnerable to attack.

As for the second army, my archers and crossbowmen did most of the job and as soon as I saw the enemies retreating I sent all of my army forward and decimated them making sure most of them would not come back to fight me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

loved ut totaly loved it :D

Anonymous said...

It* sorry:P

Attila said...

hehe, i'm happy you love it. It keep me going! =)

ctukeyes said...

complete pwnage.Cavalry is very effective in this game when used effectively

Attila said...

yeah it's very powerfull indeed. But they also die fast.

DateyourGame's Blog