Medieval II Total War Campaign Chronicles

Monday, November 13, 2006

Rome Total War German Chronicle 69 Hunting Brutii in Thracia



This battle wasn't an important one, neither from a strategic point of view or a tactical point of view. The goal was mostly to keep Brutii busy so that I could consolidate some army in the region to start a more effective advance on the Thracian region of the Brutii faction.

On the tactical level, you might notice that the enemy army seem to walk away from my army at the start. This is the result of a quick flanking I did at the very beginning of the battle. I rushed my army on the Left flank to take control of the Hills. This way my archer could become more effective and my defence could also gain some advantage of it.

The decisive moment in that battle is probably when my army routed the enemy general. Once that was done the rest of the battle was mostly hunting down the enemies

No comments:

DateyourGame's Blog