Medieval II Total War Campaign Chronicles

Monday, December 04, 2006

Medieval II Total War Polish Chronicles 01: Turn 1 to 33.

Ok before you start watching this video I must warn you, it is 45 minutes of turn based campaign game play. It's all the campaign, from the moment I choose the faction, to the turn 33 where I finally take command of a battle. No battles are included in the episode.

Many people ask me advise about how to play the campaign. By showing this aspect of the game you might learn how to play better on that aspect of the game. This first episode will help people see what my priorities are, how I start up my campaign, and different phases of game play. So I will split the Chronicles as 2 part episodes, the first part being the Campaign Level and the second being the battles of the turn. This way you will be able to realize the importance of every battle and the context of it.



Since that episode is really long I will give time reference and explain them in phases in the developments of the game and of my strategy.

0:00 to 2:00. Here is the choice of the faction and introduction video of the faction.

2:00 to 3:12. This was the first turn, as you might notice I developed my economies and start invading rebel regions with my armies.

3:12 to 4:48 Turn 2. In this turn I take 1 city and 1 rebel fort. And I continue to develop my economy by building farms.

4:48 to 9:00 I take one fort and get ready to take 1 city and another fort, I still invest into farms.

9:00 to 11:34 I still gain territory on the west, but I start consolidating my armies on the south and east since the western frontier is against the Holy Roman Empire and Danish borders. From that point I will improve my defence to the West and expand to the East.

11:34 to 14:20 At this point diplomacy starts to play a role, factions offer me trade rights, so I offer them an alliance, they accept, and I offer them to share map information, they will also accept. This way I know where the cities are, and who controls them.

14:20 to 18:28 At this point I disband my mercenaries on the Western front so that I can finance my armies on the Eastern front. I keep developing my economy, and I'm still puzzled by the well defended fort on the East since my army is really weak.

18:28 to 22:44 After reinforcing my army to the East, I capture the fort. I also redeploy some of my generals so they can govern cities. I still invest in economy.

22:44 to 35:36 I capture another city and a fort in the far north after using boats as a fast way to reach them. As you might see I keep investing to develop the economies, but I'm starting to develop my military to invade the South Rebel Regions.

35:36 to 38:00 my plan for the south is compromised by the presence of a huge Russian Army and the presence of Venetians in my territory. So in reaction I decide to prepare to invade Hungary, and send an army to take the rebels in the south

38:00 to 42:00 I merge my army in the East with my reinforcements outside my fort so that I can have the strength to repel the Huge Russian Army. It turns out that the Russian army isn't hostile and continues on their way to go capture a rebel settlement. At the same time the army I sent to the South rebels against me. That was a little annoying, but I will survive.

42:00 to 45:35 I engage my Hungarian ally and the Venetians.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

That's great i really love that ;).

But now i want to see how polish army fight ;).

Anonymous said...

I was just wondering...did you Auto-Resolve the 3 first battles or was it just that you did clip them??

Anonymous said...

One more thing...what do you do wich of the 3 choises when you win a battle do you chose?Please write all three and tell me whats the best to chose.

Attila said...

I added the battle video.

Yep I auto resolved early battle, wasn't usefull i did them.

The best choice is depending your style, i personnaly execute armies, and sack or exterminate the population. This way those dead, can't complain or fight me later.

Anonymous said...

can you tell what to do with the cities and castles that i get-soloed

Attila said...

check the siege guide, that should help you for the cities, for fortress you should try to prevent the enemies from retreating to the next walls

Anonymous said...

i ment what do i do when i capture cities and castles? can you tell me stuff that i should build :]

Attila said...

hmm you mean pillage, exterminated and stuff like that?

Well most of the time I pillage the city and fortress, this way i can finance my building. Then I build church to gain loyalty of the population

Anonymous said...

oh k thanks. do you build things like roads and stuff or ? what time of things ddo you usually build

Attila said...

I mostly build road, port and farm, since those increase you money per turn. they are really important

Anonymous said...

thanks for the advice evry turn i get at least 10000 florins :D and im conquering france with my english forces

Attila said...

good =)

DateyourGame's Blog