Medieval II Total War Campaign Chronicles

Monday, December 18, 2006

Medieval II Total War Polish Chronicles 14 Turn 64 to 66



Here is an other episode containing a small battle in the middle of the campaign.

In this episode my troop are getting ready to invade the Holy Roman Empire.

As for the battle, as you can see the artilleries does the all the job.

After the battle I advance against the fort I lost the previous episode. And in the South I prepare to engage the Byzantine Empire. Finally the Danish try to lift my potential siege over the fort I previously lost.



So what is interesting in that battle is that on the campaign level the AI always uses a small army to attack your siege army so that the defending army can come out and fight in the open. This is supposed to make the game harder but as you can see in that battle it turn out to be far more useful to the siege army then the defender that come outside and get exterminated leaving no one inside the fort to keep it. So that allows you to take cities and fort without a siege. Very useful strategy that come to the principle I like to call, the best offence is defence.

So in that battle the first army is taken care of in less then 2 min, I make sure to kill most of them so that they don't come back. Then I form a new line of defence, crossbowman in front. I did a small error there; I should have shot the main force instead of archers. I would have weakened the enemies far more before the main fight with little lost.

As for the main fight, the mercenary spearman did most of the holding work as expected, but it is the cavalry flanking that proved to be the key moment in the battle leading all of the to flee. I still had to hunt as many of them as possible so that none could escape and then defend the fort after.

No comments:

DateyourGame's Blog