Medieval II Total War Campaign Chronicles

Monday, December 11, 2006

Medieval II Total War Polish Chronicles 7 Turn 47 to 50



This is a weird episode because it was recorded on 2 different days, and had many breaks between the videos that compose it. It also contains a bugged battle.

So as you can see the Hungarian front is still active and they are sieging my cities. The Russian front is also beginning to show activity with my invasion of Russia. In a way by expanding into Russia I make the Pope like me since I convert infidels. I also took the last Venetian city on the continent since the Milanese and Sicilians seem to have taken care of them in Italy.

So At 6:00 the Hungarians started the siege of my city. As I nearly always do now, I rush my cavalry right on the battering ram then retreat immediately after. By disabling the ram or any other siege equipment you can direct the enemies where you want them. But DO NOT attacks all siege equipment, or the enemies will stay back.

So see the enemies as water, if water is completely stopped will destroy what is on the way, but if you canalize it, you can control it and make it go where you want it to go. So in that battle that's what I did. However, It seems the AI bugged and they never used the ladder... So in the end I won by the timer. I always use the timer because of AI bug like that. Or it would lead to an endless battle... and I don't have days to make a battle...

So at 9:32 back to the campaign.
As you can see at that point I rally my armies from the south and west to concentrate on the Hungarian front.

On the Russian front I continue my way to Moscow ignoring enemies on the way. The main reason for that is that the goal to destroy an enemy is not to destroy his armies. The goal is to destroy his empire. So concentrate yourself on the cities and forts. It's like in fencing. The goal is not to fight the blade; it's to hit the enemy. So stay focused on the target.

As you can see the Hungarian siege the city again and that a bug in the AI saved, but this time, I had reinforcements and I engaged the enemies outside the city walls. This is a strategy that the AI uses a lot, so, why not use it myself. =)

Here is the battle that resulted.



In this battle I make a move on the Left flank with all of my cavalry, the main reason for that is that making a direct charge from the hill would not be a good move, so by flanking, I gain a better position to charge the enemies. As for the infantry they charge from the hill since they are more expendable than my knights. Infantry also keep the enemies busy so that they can't make an effective formation to resist my knights. As soon as I charged the enemy, their infantry was jammed into the fight and could not prevent a charge on the enemy feudal knights and general leading to a quick victory.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice to see you progressing. the battle looked pretty cool :)

Attila said...

hehe, yeah, that campaign will get more and more interesting as it will go on =)

Anonymous said...

Neat. I never knew you fenced. What weapon do you use?

Anonymous said...

were those knight templers or some other cavalry, i need to get this game to work on my computer.

Attila said...

yeah i fenced a little when i was in college, was really nice. I stopped since then... I got a 98% mark in that course, the teacher liked me I guess. =)
I was using the most common sword, the one where you point. (don't know the english name). But would have been nice to use the Saber...

Anonymous said...

its monkeyboy btw

Attila said...

hehe, well choose other, and enter you name =)

Tony said...

Cavalry is fantastic when used right.

Attila said...

yep, if you leave you cavalry fight static, it won't last long, but if you use the cavalry mobility at is best, it is a deadly weapon

DateyourGame's Blog