Medieval II Total War Campaign Chronicles

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Medieval II Total War Polish Chronicles 18 Turn 69 to 71



In this episode my eastern frontier is now secure from Russian treat. On the East I advanced against Danish and Holy Roman Empire. On the South my army advance fast on the Byzantine Empire with the fall of Constantinople. On the Italian front I slowly advance against Sicilian.



(hmm still blurred, that will be fix in future episode)
In this first battle The holy Roman Empire engage me with a lot of troop, against a very weak army defending a city. My only advantage is to have 3 unit of catapult. So that Siege is the perfect example how to use catapult as defensive weapon. You deploy a small force at a couple of meter in front of the catapult to keep the enemies from reaching you catapult and then you fire at a close range. Since in this case my troops were weak, and bad quality, well wasn't really important if I lose some by friendly fire. The critical moment of the battle was when the feudal knight engaged my general, but they were taken care of fast.



This third battle is interesting since I discovery that polish archer could put anti cavalry pike in front of them. Those static pike kill all cavalry that charge them and slow down any charge. But I also learned that it kills friendly cavalry...

Anyway... In that battle I use my archer superiority and my cavalry mobility to win the battle. My infantry keeping more or less effectively the enemies busy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear attila
when i have been doing crusades one against jerusalem and the other at antoch but i cant get there im the english in time. by the time i get close my men desert me my general was my faction leader how do i stop them deseting

Anonymous said...

you keep moving if, they desert as you are not making enough progress to the target in one turn.

Attila said...

yep as long as you move they will stay with you

Anonymous said...

what's your favourite faction??
Mine is the Byzantine empire(the only faction which made me win)

Attila said...

yeah byzantine are my favorit also, they look good, are challenging at very hard =)

Anonymous said...

turkce konusan var mi

Attila said...

hmm some one can translate turk?

DateyourGame's Blog