Medieval II Total War Campaign Chronicles

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Medieval II Total War Polish Chronicles 15 Turn 66 to 67



In this episode you see the introduction of the Mongols invasion. Don't they are not are Not so dangerous as long as they don't decide to come in the north. But it happens some time. So back to our regular foes.

So, after capturing back my fort, it was time to engage the Holy Roman Empire.

The battle is really a big chaos so it is hard to describe the strategy, if there was any...

But I think the most important aspect in this battle is the "group" management.

As you can see I group my units with "G". This group functionality change the way the units act. So, when your units are not grouped, they will all engage the unit you tell them to engage. But when they are grouped, they engage the enemies at proximity. So by grouping your units or ungrouping them you can use the most useful behaviour that you want in different situation.

When you see nothing in the forest, grouping allows you to order your troop to attack even if you don't clearly see all enemies. Groups are also useful when you need to hunt the fleeing enemies, you group all you army and order them to attack any enemy and they will start attacking nearly all enemies.

So when you watch my videos carefully (all of them), you might noticed that I change many time my groups setup during the battle to give some flexibility or to better coordinate the army.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

your good attila hopefully i will be good someday. Is there much of a money isue on this game?

Attila said...

hmm what you mean a money issue?

Anonymous said...

well you no how on rome total war when you built units your money coming from your city goes down? does this happen on medieval

Attila said...

ahh, hmm, well I never really took a look. But wasn't a big deal to me in Rome, since if I remember, it was more linked with the sharing of the army cost over all the empire so wasn't really important to me to have -2500 florin from a city.

Anonymous said...

how do you get the factions so early also d oyou have a strategy for the 4 starting factions?
-soloed

Attila said...

well I have all faction since I won a first campaign in 2 days. that unlocked all faction.

As for strategy for starting faction, well expand on neutral first, and then when in was pillage the enemy city and fort to finance your building. With the money you make at every turn finance your army.

Anonymous said...

thanks does the polish strategy of pillaging and building farms work ?-soled

Attila said...

it work with all faction. I won a "very hard/Very Hard" france campaign in 58 turn this way...

DateyourGame's Blog