Medieval II Total War Campaign Chronicles

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Medieval II Total War Polish Chronicles 16 Turn 67 to 68



After the victory against the Holy Roman Empire, I turn my attention on the byzantine.
I attack the General outside the city so that the city garrison come and help him. By doing so they will get destroyed and leave me the free path in Constantinople.

On the battle field level. I charge the general first, and then reorganize to face the enemies. As you will notice my cavalry is in front of the army that time. instead of the infantry as usual. Well the main reason is that byzantine have very good infantry with sword. Swordsman being weak against cavalry charge, the cavalry did a good part of the work. Then the infantry can take care of the swordsman weaken.

When the army finally Panicked I took care to kill as many as I could so none would be able to get back in the city. So I took Constantinople without a fight for the walls



The important aspect of the second battle is really the tactic to engage the enemies in the street. Since the enemies had dismounted feudal knight, they could have basically kill all my troops. Spearmen are really not effective when it comes to fight sword units. So the small tactic I use is the make my infantry ignore the enemies. That allow the enemies to kill some of my soldier, but once I order to engage the enemies, my troop are more then the enemies and use number too kill the enemies. This is a risky but effective tactique.



In this battle, I only have 4 units of knights against far more Danish Troop. At no point did I expect to win. So my goal was to kill as many as I could, using my troop’s mobility. And I did stop the Venetians from annoying me for many turn later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Je me demandais comment les prisonniers marchent dans le jeu. Au début du video on voit que tu decide de lors sort... quelle stratégie il y a dans la capture des prisonniers

Attila said...

tu peux les exécuter, les relâcher et demander une rançon. Moi je les tuent toujours, comme ça ils reviendront pas ;-)

Anonymous said...

I love this blog Attila it is getting me really excited about getting my own copy of the game. I am a bit of a Rome: Total War veteran and I notice your playing style is quite similar to mine in alot of ways.

Who do you think I should play as first when I get the game? Being English I am tempted to play as the English but the Holy Roman Empire seems quite cool and so do the Byzantines :S

Attila said...

well I think you should take the English, They are they are not too challenging so that would allow you to learn easy before taking harder faction.

Anonymous said...

Ah ok, what factions have you played as so far?

DateyourGame's Blog