Medieval II Total War Campaign Chronicles

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Medieval II Total War Polish Chronicles 3 Turn 36 to 41



The war goes on on the Southern Front against Hungarians but they halt my advance with a huge army that came out of no where. So I advanced on the Venetians territory and prepared to invade a rebel region.

The Hungarian soon take back a city (at 6:23) with the huge army, but it wasn't a big loss for me.

At 8:00 the pope died, as you can see I vote for the Portuguese Cardinal. By voting for the most distant faction I make sure that If I attack a faction near me, the Pope won't be as displease.

At 9:00 I start a mini war against Russia so that I can gain control of the rebel fort

At 9:39 I take the first Venetian city very easily and prepare to take another to the South. By attacking the Venetians I make sure they don't expand to the east into Byzantine territory.

At 11:00 I make the first move to start a war against the Holy Roman Empire, but it turns out that the first city is basically full of troops. So while I retreat it is clear, at that point, that a war will happen on that front soon. But my priorities are first to push back the Milanese army, and that lead us to the first battle.



This battle is hard to describe since it is in a forest. The main strategy was to first weaken the enemies with arrows. Then charge them in the middle with infantry. During that time my cavalry flanked them and charged into the rear. Once the infantry was fully engaged in the battle, cavalry charged from all direction. It becomes a huge massacre with very little lost on my side. Of course the enemies were not very efficient since most of them were crossbowman, but still those troops can be powerful. Hopefully, Milan won't attack for many turns.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how come you are so good at this game?

Attila said...

well I play the series since Shogun... and I played Rome Total War more or less regularly since it came out. Since medieval 2 is similar in principle playing at very hard is no big deal for me...

DateyourGame's Blog