Medieval II Total War Campaign Chronicles

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Medieval II Total War Turkish Chronicles 14 Mongols Invasion Teaser



Since every one was wondering what will happen against the Mongols. How I will defeat them, I decided to skip ahead in the Turn and go to the point. The War against Mongols. So I had to skip, the end of Hungarian, Venetian, Holy Roman Empire, Polish, Russian, France (not by me), England (not by me). It's a very weird game...

So... Like every one I hate Mongols, because they start very powerful in statistic. But they are far from invincible and as you will see in the future episodes I will use some really unique strategy against them. I never had to fight the Mongols with the Turk before, so I'm a little creative in my way to deal with them, and I'm sure you will "intellectually" enjoy the way I fight them.

Now I got something to ask to all fans of my chronicles. Spread the word of this blog around the net and to your friends. I have a really stable audience, but the bigger is the better. It's great to have your comments questions. So, talk about this blog, and explain why it's that great that you come back read it and watch it every day since 4 months.

By sharing the knowledge of this blog I think it can push Creative Assembly to improve the AI in the future, because of the "Attila Factor". Hehe (in all humility)
;)

So Get ready for the Mongols and some reading, because it will be a little different then the normal campaign chronicles and if I don't explain, people will all be "Hmm what just happen there?", "omg", "wow, how did you do that!?", "How did you think about that!", "Man that's weird","lol, Next!" etc.
;)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, when I first saw this, I thought it was an expansion pack preview.

Goodluck with the Mongols. It looks like they got overpowered since Medieval 1.

Attila said...

yeah they are over powered indeed, but I will deal with them by unconventional warfare, with effectiveness. As usual ;)

Anonymous said...

You mean like what the Romans used against Hannibal's army during the second Punic War?

Attila said...

hmm well i would be surprise what i will do would have been done historicaly

Anonymous said...

hey attila, how many years have passed between your last episode and the mongols, and how big has your empire become? and i just made someone protectorate in rtw, and looked on the net where they mostly say that it doesn't have any advantages, has this vhanged in mtw2 and do they have to pay taxes or something then?

Attila said...

Well my "first contact" with the Mongols happen on the Turn 79, That's when my "war" begin(doesn't necessarily mean battles).

As for protectorate, I think gain, or give money. But never look too much into it.

Anonymous said...

Attila:
Do you know any tricks to avoid my merchants assets to be seized??

Attila said...

hmm, well one thing i learned about merchant over time is that they don't worth it... they cost a lot and don't give you much and get seized nearly all the time.

It's very rare it worth it...

Anonymous said...

How do I call a Jihad if I am playing a muslim faction??
And;what religion do the mongols have in the game???

Unknown said...

awesome man but m a bit disapointed that we miss all the counquering, who took over england and france?
Awesome man
ill spread the word

Attila said...

yeah i know it's a little disappointing Herwig but would have taken age! to get there...

Anonymous said...

i also want to know who conquered england and france, probably the 2nd (yours the first of course) greatest empire on the campaign map :d

Attila said...

England was Conquer by Scots. As for France I think they were conquer by Milanese or Danish. I don't know... lets say, the territory are very mixed now.
I don't know who is the second most powerful, but my guess would be Milan, since they are my main enemy in Europe. Mongols are of course the other enemy I have.

Anonymous said...

Goodluck with the Mongols, i hate them mongals they an unfair advatage in the game, forceing me to battle on the fiel but theres to many. even in segie there rocker cannos destroy my walls

(i hope they fix "Attila Factor" i wounder if anyone form the Creative Assembly has visted this site. i know it a little early to think about but what will the next game be imperial total war?)

Attila said...

well i don't know if creative assembly know about this blog, but the guy that code the AI sure could learn from my videos.

Anonymous said...

I found the mongols quite easy, they came with all five armies and besieged Antioch. I defended it with about 600 men mostly mercenaries and they had a combined force of 2100, i lost 500 men they lost 1800.

P.S Chronicles are brilliant!

Attila said...

Must have been something do achieve BertrumPantyshield. =)
One time I won because of the time, it was a siege, there was 4645 enemies (5 armies), I had 1115.
I killed 258, and lost 40... The thing is that for some reason they attempted to attack 1 time, I repelled and them they just were waiting outside the walls until timer ended the siege... was a little absurd, but gained me sometime...
Mongols are really bugged from what i experienced fighting them in the past...

DateyourGame's Blog