Medieval II Total War Campaign Chronicles

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Medieval II Total War Turkish Chronicles 17-18 The Storm



This first part shows you some important element of the war against Mongols. As you can see, I have 2 armies infiltrating the Mongols Territory on the East from the North and The South in the goal is not so much to gain victory, against so many enemies but to divide the enemies. My center of the East front is weak for apply the strategy of the best offence is defence, leading to the following battle.

As for the West front, you can see I start consolidating armies to start sieging the 2 city I gave the Mongols earlier. Those Cities are mostly defended by Spear Militia. I won't storm them, just siege them. Encouraging the Mongols Army from the East to come try to help and by doing so dividing them even more.



This battle is probably the best example of how to totally decimate an army stronger then you. Those Mongols had 3 level of silver in experience. In clear they kill a lot. So that’s where the missile superiority reveals itself. I had 3 units of artillery and tons of archer cavalry. By defending this single street I made sure to make the enemy as compact as they could be so that all my arrows and fire stone would have a maximum effect on the enemies. Here goes a first Mongols army. Many more to go ;-)

Napoleon knew how effective cannons could be in the city street, well I think that show you explicitly how. =)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice job. That was one heck of a battle! I hope you make more videos similar to this one!

Attila said...

hehe yeah i also hope that i will be able to do so many time. =)

Anonymous said...

hmm i find it strange that the mongols didn't try to attack you from the side, i mean in rtw they always send a small group of troops to take another longer route and as i could see in the movie, that if they did, they could destroy your catapults cause you hadn't any infantry standing there (but they would have to pass a whole lot of towers) altough thats what i should have done. Maybe Someting for the 'attila lv' ;) =)

Attila said...

hehe, well maybe the fact I had unit attracting them at start did the job.

Anonymous said...

is 3 walls the max number of walls you can have?

Unknown said...

Ahhh attila unleashed the rapage

Anonymous said...

Awsome battle, I "almost" feel sorry for those mongols, being bombarded with both arrows and flaming rocks while spearmen blocked their path. Nice job :)

Attila said...

yep kinshasa, the citadel only have 3 walls

hehe, T.J., I wonder how long that rampage will last. I think Mongols will avenge them self. ;)

Hmm Vulfgar The Viking, I really don't feel sorry for them at all =)

As a general once said, "A dead enemy alway smell good."

I guess he had weird taste... but he was right when it come to Mongols ;)

Anonymous said...

Nice one, it was mongols fault anyway for deciding to take on atilla. They should of known better.

Attila said...

hehe, well I didn't told any one else, but I have a spy that brainwashed the enemy general so that he attack me. ;)

(I wish that we could do that ;)

Anonymous said...

Once again Sun Ztu said: "Lastly, it is by his infromation that the surviving spy can be used on appointed occasions."

I must admit that this time, I don't fully understand what does he mean.

Attila said...

Well, I don't know the context of that sentence, but I think he refer to an enemy spy in fact. How to use an spy by making him see false information.

Sometime having someone spying you can actually serve your will, use him to make him send false information.

Anonymous said...

congrades mate on all accomplish mints in your life happy birthday love your chronicles

Attila said...

Thanks Sam =)

Anonymous said...

Reminded me of the RTW videos you made.. a little wall of spearmen doing the trick.

Attila said...

Yeah i think i know what you refer to Cingeto. I think it was call "unfair siege" =)

DateyourGame's Blog