Medieval II Total War Campaign Chronicles

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Medieval II Total War Turkish Chronicles 05 Turn 17



(Small error in the video title... I'm far from perfect...)
So this is the Turn 17, a very small episode.
After destroying the Byzantine army outside the wall, I take Constantinople without a fight. By pillaging it, it gives me the necessary money to invest in all my cities. But pillaging also means I won't be able to hold the city against a rebellion that you will see in future turn.

This battle is against neutral trying to lift a siege, so I use the same tactic that I used in earlier battle except that this time I actually had good cavalry that could engage in close combat leading to a quick victory with very few lost.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Attila the Hun(or better,Attila the Quebecer)
Hi,I am going to buy the game soon and I had 2 questions to ask you(I read the FAQ on the M2TW site yet the doubts I have aren't answered:)
Do the aztecs in the new world have cities or castles or something?
And,if you don't rule the city well,do the citizens revolt and declare their independence like in Rome Total War??
Thanks.

Attila said...

Well aztecs have big cities that you can conquer. And yes, if you don't manage city well they will rebel and kick you out =)

Attila said...

Well I must say I didn't played that much Barbarian invasion. So i don't really know how the AI play. But I know that destroying temple is alway what I do to stay in controle

Anonymous said...

Hey,Attila:
Lemme ask you a question:
Have you played against Scotland??
Where they easy to defeat or were they not so easy to??
You see,I have started the game for the first time with England and I dont know If I should attack them firstor focus on the continent.
Anyway,were the English easy to defeat??,because i don't know their main weaknesses but I know from the first game that they had really good archers.

Attila said...

Well I played a little the English, and the first thing I did was to destroy Scotland. The main reason for that choice is that when you conquer Europe you don't need to have a potential enemy on your back. So I destroyed them fast. It was a little hard because I didn't have much troop, has usual...

One of my friend played with them and they are powerful, if you use a lot of noble pikeman.

As for england, they are overall strong, the main force is the longbow and infantry. The cavalry does a good job but lack diversity. It's an easy faction overall for my experience.

DateyourGame's Blog