Medieval II Total War Campaign Chronicles

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Medieval II Total War Turkish Chronicles 07 Turn 26-32



After Chasing a fist Egyptian army out of my territory, I turn my eyes toward the south and send my army toward south totally ignoring on purpose the presence of an Egyptian army sieging a neutral city.

As you can see as the episode go on, I really quickly advance on Egypt territory, mostly because Egypt army are still busy on the neutral city.

On the West the war against Byzantine is going well and easily. I take the fort in Greece and the Balkan are soon to fall under my control.

As you can see, Christian start making crusade against Jerusalem and the armies come toward my empire. Since I don't want to invest into bigger army at that point, I build up fleet to control the 2 way into Turk territory by land. By controlling those positions I block all attempt of crusade and I can actually use the concentration of troop in the crusade to attack the undefended Christian territory. I also deploy small unit on the other side of the passage so that they can't come on my main territory.

In the end Egypt tried to lift a siege leading to this battle



In this battle Egypt force are divided because of the city. This was a good thing for me and allowed me to kill them all divided. The hard part was really to kill the enemy general that resisted a long time even with a lot of cavalry around him.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet you you can't rebuild the roman empire in 30 turns(not only acquiring the territories,but also giving the cities a decent level of innovations).

Anonymous said...

Anonymous I would like to see a fraps video of you doing the very same thing.

Attila said...

yeah, that would sure be interesting to see that. =)
I think a victory in less the 50 turn, might be possible, but you really need to do all battle personally and I'm far too lazy for that.

Anonymous said...

hey does anyone know about an expansion for MTW2? I thought it could play in the year 1600-1800 and then you could conquer entire america, but now i think of it the europeans have colonised also afrika and India and such so... :(
but maybee they could make one over the holy islamic war and then call it "islamic invasion" :p

Attila said...

no clue what the expansion might be, but I'm not really waiting for it, total war expansion alway disappointed me...

Anonymous said...

well barbarian invasion had one nice extra that i used in the normal game: that your generals get born with their fathers, exept to be born in your capital, cause when your empire is real big t'is can be troubling

Attila said...

yeah, agree... in general expansion improve a little the game. but doesn'T worth much overall...

Unknown said...

Hello attila, can you explain me why in every turn byzantine diplomats do something in your city but nothing happens... that's intrigues me.

Attila said...

good question Aurélio.
I cannot confirm my theory there, but since I also saw that in rome, my guess would be that the emissary try to bride the city. But doesn't seem to work for him.

I think that must be that because that's the only action an emissary can do that is not diplomacie related.

Unknown said...

That's what I've thought. BTW, you're a great strategist. Crongrats and I wish you success in your life ;).

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Attila said...

hehe thanks =)

DateyourGame's Blog