Medieval II Total War Campaign Chronicles

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Rome Total War German Chronicles 15 Under Attack by 3 Roman armies



Here is a battle that cost me a lot of troops. So while it's a victory, it's a long term defeat.

My main error in that battle was to believe that the noble cavalry would be able to take care of javeline units that were spread on both flank of the first Roman Army.

The other error I made was not making sure to put my troops in a good formation against the enemy’s troops. The fact that I didn't take a good Formation lead my Phalanxes to become isolated and surrounded. So I had a lot of dead in my ranks that could have been prevented by a better formation.

The solution to those leadership problems would have been to organize my infantry in a more static formation to keep the enemy busy while my cavalry eliminates enemies by flanking them. Or use pause to have more time to use the army to his full effectiveness.

Now I consider this victory as a defeat since I had too many dead to keep my position against the Senate army that came to save the Julii faction.

No comments:

DateyourGame's Blog