Medieval II Total War Campaign Chronicles

Monday, October 30, 2006

Rome Total War German Chronicles 48 Destroying Gauls and 1 Roman Army



This siege was a really important victory on the campaign level of the game. It allowed me to destroy Gauls, but also destroy a full Brutii army during the same siege. The main problem of this major victory is that now Brutii will consider this region as a path to attack me in north Italy, so on the long term it might backfire. But from the following episode I can say that this region will keep the Brutii busy while another army captures all of the Greek cities on the East coming from Dacian's territory.

So on the tactical level, my plan was clear:enter the city as fast as possible and use my cavalry to capture all gates. This way I could prevent the Brutii army from entering the city and reinforce the defending Gauls. Once that was done, it also gained me a lot of time to concentrate on the Gauls.

After defeating the Gauls, I pulled back to defend against the spread Brutii army that could only enter the city by where I breached the walls earlier.

Since they were divided and tired, they offered very little opposition. Even better was the fact that they panic toward the center of the Town, leading them to a certain death.

No comments:

DateyourGame's Blog