Medieval II Total War Campaign Chronicles

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Rome Total War German Chronicles 6: Sieging Gauls



Here is actually a weird siege; the Gauls basically lost all cavalry at the gate against my phalanx. I killed their most powerful unit but it cost me many men. At the same time the enemy Warband engaged in combat against my troops. So I did the same wall of spears against them. But once the cavalry was destroy I could then enter the city without enemies menacing my troop and engaged the Warband from the rear while trying to block any retreat for them. It's always important to block the retreat because this prevents the enemies from reaching the center were they cannot panic. As the Germans the panic is my main weapon.

Once near the center only the main general was left. So I advanced carefully but there is always a risk of panic when you fight a general. So during that time I circled the center of the city with my cavalry to engage the enemies general on as many fronts as possible leading to an easier fight for my main battle force.

The AI of my cavalry decided to walk on the center of the city, this could have actually be a big error, because as soon as you walk on that space, the unit on it reacts. So they could have decimated my cavalry from the rear while I was engaging the general. But fortunately that didn't happen and then I could turn my eyes toward destroying the remaining force.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Attila it was kinda hard to understand some parts of this one..

DateyourGame's Blog