Medieval II Total War Campaign Chronicles

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Rome Total War German Chronicles 47 Keeping Romans Busy



Here is the first battle of a series of 3 battles where Julii ultimately repelled my army after losing 2 armies.

On the strategic level of the game this battle was very important. I sent my army on Roman territory to lift a siege in East Italy from the army you will see in episode 49. So in this first battle I had to win against the regional army of Julii.

What was interesting was the move I made early in the battle. The enemy had 3 unit of catapult. I could not stay on the defence without having some casualties and moral effect from those catapults. So I had to move fast on the flank to evade catapult fire. And then engage the enemy army as fast as possible to route them. The main opposition was the 3 units of general’s bodyguards and they caused me lot of casualties.

But overall enemies panicked fast due the the large number of town militia that were not very effective to stand ground against German hordes.

No comments:

DateyourGame's Blog