Medieval II Total War Campaign Chronicles

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Rome Total War German Chronicles 36 Fight to the Death



I really like this battle. The Dacians were trying to lift the siege, but as expected, they retreated into the walls very quickly. By doing so they were quickly follow by my force that then captured the gates. Allowing me to enter very fast into the city. But it took to long and the enemies’ reinforcement had time to enter the city. That's where it became interesting. I had to advance toward the enemies town center, but on the way, deploy troop in defensive positions in the streets. The way I advanced was really tactical in my opinion. Advancing and taking defensive positions is the best way to advance in a city.

Near the center I made a minor error. When the enemies general charged my phalanxes and the started to panic I sent my berserker. It was indeed a powerfully counter attack but it had a cost after. Once the berserker engage the enemies in battle they cannot be controlled. So they engaged and became crazy. So when it came to take the town center they fought in a small group, reducing the punch they could have given to the enemies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why use the faction leader? He is the most valuable person in your campagian.

Attila said...

hmm well, faction leader boost troop, he have more cavalry, he have better leadership, and he was 77 years old, so time for a change.

DateyourGame's Blog