Medieval II Total War Campaign Chronicles

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Rome Total War German Chronicles 38 Hunting Dacians



In this battle you see me on the offence on Dacian Territory. Tired of being harassed by Dacia, the best solution is to eliminate them.

One small tactic that I used in this battle was pointed out to me by my fans. When the enemies cavalry tried to engage my cavalry I turned my general unit back and ran away.During that time my other units engaged the pursuing enemies’ cavalry. Once the enemies charge was flanked, I stopped my general from running and charged back into the melee. This small tactic revealed itself to be really effective.

But I would say it was a "reflex" strategy on my part, based on my experience. At the last moment I told myself, my general might get killed in this, so I changed my mind and quickly made him retreat. Not so much because of the flanking move it would create, but simply to protect my general. Then I saw that the enemies charge was stoped and feeling safe for my general engaged him back into the fight. That small reflex move proved to be a wise choice, but the interesting aspect of that move was that it wasn't planned, it was a pure reflex. I didn't have to think about it. I guess that proves that I played a lot of the video game Rome Total War.

No comments:

DateyourGame's Blog