Medieval II Total War Campaign Chronicles

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Rome Total War German Chronicles 4: Under Attack by Gauls


This battle started the war against the Gauls. The strange thing is that Gauls attacked me while I was in Rebel territory. The effect of this battle forced me to turn my eyes toward the Gauls territory.

On the tactical Level you will noticed that I deployed my infantry in an L formation. I chose that formation because the Gauls had far more troops than i did. So the formation I took was a measure to prevent the Gauls from flooding my troops and flanking me on the left. On the other side, I deployed my cavalry in a way that hid them from the enemy. As soon as I saw an opportunity, my cavalry charged to my right flank against the enemies while my infantry kept the Gauls army busy on my Left flank. Once part of the Gauls army started to panic victory was at hand.

As you may have noticed after the victory I keep pursuing the enemy with my cavalry. This is important especially at the very beginning of the Campaign. By destroying every unit, you make sure the enemies cannot retrain them to full units. So make sure to kill all soldier of a battalion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Attila great job on this..I can't wait to see more.I wanna read your strategic walk through for your favorite battle!

DateyourGame's Blog