Medieval II Total War Campaign Chronicles

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Rome Total War German Chronicles 14 Romans!



Here is an interesting first contact with the Roman army in the video game Rome Total War.

As you can see I deployed my phalanxes on my Left flank. I must say that it was an experimental way to fight the battle. I deployed this way to allow my javelines to have a good position to kill many Romans from the back. This formation worked very effectively. But I got a little over confident and mixed with the fact that sometimes the enemy army gets stuck on the bridge I decided to redeploy my phalanxes near the bridge.

That was a bad decision, since the enemy sent his entire troop charging at my unit. This more or less surprising attack forced me to send my not really trusted mercenary into the bloody fight. That kind of fight can only be won by Romans. So as soon as my Troops Started to panic I retreated my troops from around the zone the Romans were taking and getting Ready to attack on all front and with a charge of cavalry. That combined charge concentrated on the Roman army created a panic and gave me a close victory.

The lesson of the battle is probably, just be patient.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a river crossing exploiter, dude. I promise that in my AAR, I am not going to fight on a river crossing unless I am surprised and happen to be there. I dont wait for it.

Be a man! Fight in the open!

rofl

Attila said...

hehe, well no one is perfect! I have my own weakness. =)

Attila said...

Ahh! yeah i think i remember what happened after checking the "campaign context". As you see at the start of the video. I captured the Gauls city just north to that bridge. and it's under siege. The army I have in that battle is reinforcement I sended from South West and they ended up on that bridge out of move. So since I was outnumber by 2 armies in that region, It was a legitimate fight to defend my "new" territory. Also note that I expend very fast, and my armies are still really basic troops.

Anonymous said...

Whatever excuse you need, Attila the Exploiter ;)

Attila said...

Blah.
That's my comment on the question.
;)

DateyourGame's Blog