Medieval II Total War Campaign Chronicles

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Rome Total War German Chronicles 5: Under Attack by Rebel



Here is a battle where I had to lift a siege against a Rebel army. Rebels rarely try to siege a city so that is why I tend to totally ignore them. The main effect Rebels have in the video game Rome Total War, is to reduce your income. But I see them this way, they reduce you income but also block invading enemy armies. So sometimes you can simply leave them where they are, or bride them with an ambassador. It isn't always worth it to fight rebels.

On the Tactical aspect, this battle was a battle I could not take the risk to auto resolve by the computer because at Very Hard, the rebel force are considered far to strong. So in that battle I was forced to rush the rebel army. The Naked Fanatic was probably the main power but the enemies general was also a challenge as you might have noticed. The enemies general was stronger then my general and nearly killed my general. But I had to keep him busy while my phalanx took care of the enemy’s infantry. As soon as I could I pulled back my general in my phalanx to bring the enemies general in that phalanx. That move while being quite a risk worked and made me win.

No comments:

DateyourGame's Blog