Medieval II Total War Campaign Chronicles

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Rome Total War German Chronicles 19 Unfair Siege



(small note here, the number of troop at the beginning are wrong, the were inversed.)

I really had fun finding this title for the episode. Because I knew people would be thinking "he will lose that's impossible!" And by thinking so making the victory even more enjoyable.

What is interesting in that episode is that at first I deployed my phalanxes at the door they fought well, but got decimated overtime... so I did a tactical retreat to the center and deployed my phalanxes as much wide as I could. Since the Gauls came disorganize this allowed my unit to hold them.

My cavalry on the flank, I watched carefully the state of mind of the enemy army. As soon as I saw they were wavering I sent my cavalry a first time. But the enemies stood. So I pulled back and then attacked again. That time the enemies panicked and the victory was at hand.

It important to continue the battle at very hard to kill all enemies so they don't come back. And Siege is probably the best situation for pursuing the enemies in the Street.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have noticed you keep getting assaulted. Maybe you should do more killing in the field instead of cowering in your little cities! You must embrace the barbarian spirit, buddy!

Die on the field of battle, go to Valhalla!

Oh wait, I just had a MTW: Viking Invasion flashback....

Attila said...

Well i mostly leave 1 or 2 unit in the city and concentrate all my killing power to attack enemies. That's why i get sieged from time to time by Dacian in that campaign. But they never took a city and as future episode will reveal, once I become a protectorate of Romans, Dacia's payback the siege they did. And lost 4 city in around 6 turns. And then i turn my eyes on Romans again.

Anonymous said...

dude that was great man,great use of your calvery

can not wait for you MTW2 Chronicles

Attila said...

Yeah lets hope it will be great =)

Unknown said...

I think you made a small mistake in your video. In the beginning you said that there were "328 Enemies" and "1220 Germans". But then in the end it showed that your killed "1216 Enemies". Obviously your not going to upload a new video with the correct numbers, but a small correction in your blog post will suffice.

In terms of your RTW abilities, I absolutely LOVE watching you fight and congratulations for such an incredible victory.

Attila said...

hehe, yeah, sometime i did some mistake like that in my videos. being not perfect is on of my personality trait =)
I will put a small note, thx for the wake up call =)

Anonymous said...

REALLY good defense and good using of falanx. But you must admit, that it's only possible with a falanx. Falanx are really good defending cities. But, i think that in the door, you could get better profit of the falanx by placing it just in front of the door, with the spears closimg it, and not advancing of this position. If it is a way to put an image here, i will show you what i mean with some screanshots.

Attila said...

well the thing is that when you deploy right into the front you have more chance that enemies break the formation. If you make a V formation you have less chance

Anonymous said...

Well, i just did the same battle with the same forces and i only lost 62 men of the spearman unit and i don't use the cavalery before i win the battle (i used it to pursue the enemies). I get some screenshots of that battle, so if it's some way to put them here, i'll share them with you.

Attila said...

put those screenshot there maybe
http://imageshack.us/

DateyourGame's Blog